月光白 Yue Guang Bai
Same as our Premium Moonlight Beauty Silver Needle, this white tea uses leaves from Yunnan large leaf tea trees. Moonlight White can be thought of as a Yunnan version of Bai Mu Dan (White Peony). In contrast to Bai Mu Dan, the front of the Moonlight White leaf is a dark brown or black color, which is an easy way to tell it apart from the green leaf of Bai Mu Dan. Although Yunnan White Teas are made using similar methods as used for traditional white tea in Fujian, the Yunnan White Teas' oxidation levels are usually higher than Fujian White tea.
This Moonlight White Dragon Pearl is more oxidized than other Moonlight Whites I've tried: the tea liquor starts with a bright golden color, eventually turning red, and the taste has a little note of Yunnan Black Tea.
One dragon pearl is about 7-9 grams. If you are using a smaller gaiwan or teapot, we would recommend you to use a short infusion time. This tea can be brewed for at least 10 steeps.
White Tea, Moonlight White Dragon Pearl
- 1 pc is about 7-9g
- Type: White Tea
- Harvest Time: May 2018
- Origin: Jinggu, Pu Er, Yun NanProvince, China
- Flavor: Mellow, buttery, sweet
- Cotton paper wrapper for each dragon pearl
- Shelf Life: 3 years
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. Avoid being exposed to light.
- Preferred in the Chinese Gongfu way
- Porcelain Gaiwan
- 1 pc
- 203℉ / 95℃
- Steep time: Rinse/40s/45s/50s/60s/60s/70s/80s/90s/100s/120s
- This dragon pearl is pressed very tight, a second rinse may be performed to get a better taste.