漳平水仙 - 桂
Zhang Ping Shui Xian is a unique tea in the oolong tea category due to it being prepared with a traditional pressing method. The tea's name simply comes from its location and tea breed (Zhang Ping region, Shui Xian tea breed). Each cake is pressed into a square cake with a wooden mold and wrapped in white paper. This process still cannot be replaced by machine. An experienced worker can wrap up to150 cakes in an hour. The tea is lightly roasted inside of the wrap as the final step in the drying process.
If you like Tie Guan Yin or Taiwan oolong, Zhang Ping Shui Xian is a must-try. Compared to the 'Orchid' Zhang Ping Shui Xian also available in our store, this tea has a more complex aroma, evoking a mix of osmanthus and orchid. The liquor is thick, full and smooth, and has a bright orange color. The taste is mellow and flowery. Great for people who prefer highly fragrant teas.
Each cake is about 8-9 grams.
Oolong, Zhang Ping Shui Xian 'Osmanthus'
- Type: Oolong
- Harvest Time: May 2018
- Origin: Zhang Ping, Longyan, Fujian Province, China
- Flavor: Flowery, mellow
- Single vacuum pack
- Shelf Life: 2 years
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. Avoid being exposed to light. Refrigerated storage is recommended in warm area.
- Preferred in the Chinese Gongfu way
- 110ml - 130ml Porcelain gaiwan
- 1 cake
- 212℉ / 100℃
- Steep time: Rinse/10s/10s/15s/20s/20s/25s/40s/55s
- This tea leaves contain long stems which will develop astringency when overbrewing. Please keep the brewing time short and keep the leaves dry between steeps.