漳平水仙 - 兰
Zhang Ping Shui Xian is a unique tea in the oolong tea category due to it being prepared with a traditional pressing method. The tea's name simply comes from its location and tea breed (Zhang Ping region, Shui Xian tea breed). Each cake is pressed into a square cake with a wooden mold and wrapped in white paper. This process still cannot be replaced by machine. An experienced worker can wrap up to150 cakes in an hour. The tea is lightly roasted inside of the wrap as the final step in the drying process.
If you like Tie Guan Yin or Taiwan oolong, Zhang Ping Shui Xian is a must-try. Our 'Orchid' Zhang Ping Shui Xian was harvested in the spring of 2018. It has a very strong orchid aroma. The liquor is thick, full, and smooth, and has a bright orange color. The taste is mellow and flowery. Great for people who prefer highly fragrant and floral teas.
Each cake is about 8-9 grams.
Oolong, Zhang Ping Shui Xian 'Orchid'
- Type: Oolong
- Harvest Time: May, 20187
- Origin: Zhang Ping, Longyan, Fujian Province, China
- Flavor: Flowery, mellow
- Single vacuum pack
- Shelf Life: 2 years
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. Avoid being exposed to light. Refridgerated storage is recommended in warm area.
- Preferred in the Chinese Gongfu way
- Porcelain gaiwan
- 1 cake
- 212℉ / 100℃
- Steep time: Rinse/10s/10s/15s/20s/20s/25s/40s/55s
- This tea leaves contain long stems which will develop astringency when overbrewing. Please keep the brewing time short and keep the leaves dry between steeps.