Originated from the Phoenix Mountain region of Guangdong province in China, this tea is also known as "Honey Orchid" due to its unique flavor profile which is said to resemble the taste of honey and orchids. The tea has a complex and nuanced flavor profile, with notes of fruit, floral, and honey sweetness, as well as a long-lasting aftertaste. Lao Cong Mi Lan Xiang Phoenix Dan Cong is a highly regarded tea among connoisseurs and is considered to be one of the best examples of Phoenix Dan Cong oolongs. It is also a relatively rare tea, as the production process is quite labor-intensive and requires a significant amount of skill and experience. It is a tea that is well worth seeking out for those who appreciate the finer things in life.
Oolong, Phoenix Dan Cong - Lao Cong Mi Lan Xiang
- Type: Oolong
- Harvest Time: May 2022
- Origin: Fenghuang, Chaozhou, Guang Dong Province, China
- Flavor: Flowery, mellow, fruity
- Resealable kraft paper pouch with foil liner
- Shelf Life: 2 years
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. Avoid being exposed to light.
- Preferred in the Chinese Gongfu way
- Porcelain gaiwan
- 7 grams
- 212℉ / 100℃
- Steep time: Rinse/10s/10s/15s/20s/25s/35s/50s/70s