Despite having a new name - Yin Hua Xiang, this Phoenix Dan Cong is still better-known by its old name - Ya Shi Xiang. Although this old name doesn't sound too pleasant (lit. "Duck Droppings"), this tea has one of the highest- grade aromas among Dan Cong Oolong Teas. Phoenix Dan Cong is only produced in Phoenix (Feng Huang) Village. The name Dan Cong (lit. "Single Bush") comes from the fact that the tea leaves for each batch are all picked from a single tea plant. Phoenix Dan Cong is not a tea produced in high volume because of the small number of areas in which it's produced and the complexity of the process. As a result, Phoenix Dan Cong is more highly priced compared to other oolong teas. Ya Shi Xiang Dan Cong has a very strong fragrance - the aroma flows out immediately after you pour the water in. The liquor of the tea is golden-yellow. It tastes sweet, mellow, and flowery. This tea is a must-try for the tea lover who prefers strong and flowery fragrance teas.
Oolong, Phoenix Dan Cong - Ya Shi Xiang
- Size: 25g/50g
- Type: Oolong
- Harvest Time: March 2017
- Origin: Fenghuang, Chaozhou, Guang Dong Province, China
- Flavor: Flowery, mellow, sweet
- Resealable kraft paper pouch with foil liner
- Shelf Life: 2 years
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. Avoid being exposed to light.
- Preferred in the Chinese Gongfu way
- Porcelain gaiwan
- 7 grams
- 212℉ / 100℃
- Steep time: Rinse/15s/25s/40s/60s/90s/120s/150s