Zheng Wei is one of Qing Xiang (清香, lit. light aroma) Tie Guan Yin (also known as Ti Kuan Yin). Just as the name suggests, Zheng Wei (正味, lit. original and pure flavor) is considered to be the best tea for you to get to know Tie Guan Yin. Compared to many other Qing Xiang (Tuo Suan and Xiao Qing technique) Tie Guan Yin, Zheng Wei's aroma is softer and more mellow. The dry tea leaf of Zheng Wei has a dark yellow-green color and a light flowery scent. The best liquor usually comes after the 3rd steep - it is clean, smooth, and sweet.
This Tie Guan Yin is suitable for those who prefer gentle and flowery tea.
Oolong, An Xi Zheng Wei Tie Guan Yi
- Type: Oolong
- Harvest Time: May 2018
- Origin: Anxi, Fujian Province, China
- Flavor: Flowery, mellow
- Resealable kraft paper pouch with foil liner
- Shelf Life: 2 years
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. Avoid being exposed to light.
- Preferred in the Chinese Gongfu way
- Porcelain gaiwan
- 7 grams
- 212℉ / 100℃
- Steep time: Rinse/25s/40s/60s/85s/120s/180s