Rou Gui, lit. cinnamon, is one of the most famous roasted oolongs from Fujian Province. The tea leaves are in a dark color, and the dry tea smells fruity and floral, with a heavily roasted fragrance. The liquor is in a dark brown color, with a touch of chocolaty sweetness. If you prefer medium or heavy roast oolong, Rou Gui is a must-try for you.
Oolong, Rou Gui
- Type: Oolong
- Harvest Time: May 2017
- Origin: Jianou, Fujian Province, China
- Flavor: Roasted, flowery, fruity
- Resealable kraft paper pouch with foil liner
- Shelf Life: 24 Months
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. Avoid being exposed to light.
- Prefered in the Chinese Gongfu way
- Yixing clay teapot or porcelain gaiwan is prefered
- 5 - 7 grams for a 100ml - 140ml teaware
- 212℉ / 100℃
- Steep time: Rinse/25s/35s/45s/60s/90s/120s