This handmade charcoal-baked oolong is a blend of Tie Guan Yin, Huang Jin Gui, and Jin Guan Yin (a hybrid tea tree from the previous two tea trees). This tea's craftsman, Mr Lin, is well-known for his traditional charcoal-baking skill in An Xi, Fu Jian Province. He's been making this blend since last fall using tea leaves picked from his own tea garden. This specially blended oolong is made in the traditional method of Tie Guan Yin, then slowly baked using charcoal for three days. Compared to the charcoal-baked Tie Guan Yin sold in our store, this tea delievers a less roasted but sweeter aroma. Since the traditional method of making Tie Guan Yin is fading in An Xi, Mr Lin wishes to use this tea to let more people taste the traditional flavor with an affordable price. We respect his desicion and keep this tea's price as low as possible.
Oolong, Golden Tree
- Type: Oolong
- Harvest Time: May 2017
- Origin: Mei Zhuang Village, Anxi, Fujian Province, China
- Flavor: Roasted, fruity, sweet
- Resealable kraft paper pouch with foil liner
- Shelf Life: 2 years
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. Avoid being exposed to light.
- QS Certification No: QS3505 1401 1060
- Preferred in the Chinese Gongfu way
- Porcelain gaiwan
- 7 grams
- 212℉ / 100℃
- Steep time: Rinse/30s/35s/45s/55s/65s