Carefully baked for extra hours, this charcoal-baked Tie Guan Yin has a lightly roasted aroma and a sweet honey/chocolate scent. The liquor is in a yellow-orange color. Compared to our Zheng Wei Tie Guan Yin, this one tastes more rich and flavourful, and leaves a pleasant sweet aftertaste. Please note this tea may develop a astringent taste when overbrewing, keep steep time short to avoid it.
If you prefer roasted flavor, this tea is a must-try.
Oolong, Charcoal-baked An Xi Tie Guan Yin (2017 Fall)
- Type: Oolong
- Harvest Time: October 2017
- Origin: Anxi, Fujian Province, China
- Flavor: Roasted, flowery, full
- Resealable kraft paper pouch with foil liner
- Shelf Life: 2 years
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. Avoid being exposed to light.
- Preferred in the Chinese Gongfu way
- 100ml - 130ml Porcelain gaiwan
- 7 grams
- 212℉ / 100℃
- Steep time: Rinse/20s/25s/30s/40s/50s/60s