Huang Shan Mao Feng, one of the most well-known green teas in China, is produced in Huang Shan of Anhui Province. Because of the high elevation of this area, teas produced there are considered have a higher quality. The tea leaves consist of a tea bud and one or two leaves, the bud is covered with the white hair and that's how this tea got its name - Mao Feng lit. means hairy summit.
Similar to Long Jing Green Tea, Huang Shan Mao Feng has a fried-bean fragrance after brewing. The liquor is in a light green-yellow color, smooth and mellow. The taste is floral and buttery. A must-try for any green tea lover.
Green Tea, Huang Shan Mao Feng
- Type: Green Tea
- Harvest Time: April 2019
- Origin: Huangshan, Anhui Province, China
- Flavor: Floral, nutty, mellow
- Resealable kraft paper pouch with foil liner
- Shelf Life: 18 Months
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. Avoid being exposed to light. Refrigerated storage recommended.
- 4 grams for an 8oz/250ml glass
- 185℉ / 85℃
- 2 - 3 mins
- Pour the water into the glassn first, then throw the tea on top of the water
Chinese Gongfu way
- Porcelain Gaiwan
- 3 grams for a 110ml teaware
- 185℉ / 85℃
- 3 steeps: 20s/50s/80s
- Pour the water into the gaiwan first, then throw the tea on top of the water
- Do not cover the lid